Otus Intelligence Group is a Sydney based spatial intelligence company founded in 2016 with a focus on developing unique spatial data products to support risk mitigation for a number of non-traditional users in the property and mining sectors. We are reinventing the way people and organisations use spatial data analytics to protect their assets and predict outcomes that will impact their properties or businesses.
We are currently adding to our team Sydney-AU and looking for forward thinking candidates with a problem-solving mindset.
The Spatial / GIS Analyst is responsible for spatial data management, expert GIS analysis and creation of new spatial content relevant to the business unit and its projects as well as:
- Analysis and interpretation of remotely sensed data;
- Explore and develop new techniques to accelerate processing and improve data products;
- Develop innovative deliverables to improve use by non-technical users;
- Support business development through generation of data products for proposal and demos
The successful candidate will be degree qualified or have relevant GIS and image processing industry experience as well as;
- Recent work experience with remotely sensed imagery
- Experience with management, analysis and interpretation of optical and multispectral imagery
- Experience with software packages such as ArcGIS, QGIS, ENVI
- Familiarity with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery processing will be considered as an asset
- Experience with Python programming and scripting
- Good English speaking and writing skills; and
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Full-Time Position
- Otus offers a competitive compensation package based on the candidate’s experience.
- Every employee is also eligible for the profit-sharing scheme based on the company’s performance.
- Flexible work schedules
- Dynamic start-up environment
- Potential for quick advancement
- 20 days of paid annual leave
- Competitive superannuation package
The position is based out of our Sydney (Australia) office.
Please insert Reference No: AU-FT-GIS-101 in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume or any documentation you believe to be relevant to support your application.